The Front Royal Golf Club (FRGC) is establishing a volunteer program to assist with the daily operations of the facility. The FRGC staff is seeking assistance from volunteers interested in serving their community by helping us maintain a quality facility and providing excellent customer service. In return, qualifying volunteers will be eligible to receive free tee time at the club.
Hours of Operation:
- First and foremost volunteers serve the patron, our customer.
- Provide patrons a positive first image of the Front Royal Golf Club.
- Will perform a variety of tasks developed by the Clubhouse Manager and Golf Superintendent of the Front Royal Golf Club i.e. golf starters, course marshals, clubhouse attendees, and maintenance attendees (weekends only).
- The volunteers work schedule includes: Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. The volunteers are provided unlimited weekly green fees at the golf club between Monday through Thursday for working a minimum of ten (10) hours per week.
- Acknowledge and welcome all patrons. Ask if you can help.
- Answer questions as completely and honestly as possible. Convey to the patron that you are available to assist in any way. If a question is asked you cannot answer, tell the patron you will research the answer and contact them at a later date if this is a feasible option.
- Treat strangers as if they were friends – act competently and confidently.
- Direct patrons to appropriate golf course areas.
- Greets visitors and provides information on the Front Royal Golf Club operations.
- Provides a warm, personal welcome and makes the patrons feel important.
- Provides brochures and other information as warranted.
- Answers questions (research if answer isn’t known).
- Operates basic office equipment (telephone).
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Clubhouse Manager or Golf Supertendent.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with all Front Royal Golf Club staff.
- Beautify and maintain facilities and grounds.
- Ensure safety of golfers and patrons
- Monitor golf course.
The County will provide a training program annually (more often if necessary) to acquaint all volunteers with the Front Royal Golf Course function.
For more information please contact the Front Royal Golf Club Clubhouse at 540-636-9061. CLICK HERE for the Volunteer Application.