Volunteering at the Warren County Government Center
***The WCGC is in need of volunteers at this time! If you are interested, please see the link at the bottom of this page for the application***
The purpose of the Warren County Government Center Information Office is to assist and inform citizens and walk-in customers of the wide array of County services, local events, and job opportunities with Warren County.
Hours of Operation
Hours of operation are 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Volunteer shifts are four hours each – 9:00a.m. to 1:00 p.m. or 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
* First and foremost volunteers serve the visitor, our customer.
* Provide visitors a positive first image of the community.
* Keep track of literature and report to County Administration so new information brochures can be placed in a timely manner.
* Record actual numbers of visitors and inquiry calls. Tally at the end of shift.
* Acknowledge and welcome all visitors. Ask if you can help.
* Answer questions as completely and honestly as possible. Convey to the visitor that you are available to assist in any way. If a question is asked you cannot answer, tell the visitor you will research the answer and contact them at a later date if this is a feasible option.
* Treat strangers as if they were friends – act competently and confidently.
* Direct visitor to appropriate offices or provide phone number shown on County phone directory.
The County will provide a three (3) hour training program annually (more often if necessary) to acquaint all volunteers with County and Constitutional Office functions. For more information please contact the County Administrator’s Office at (540) 636-4600.