Coronavirus Latest Information
As of 9:00 AM on Wednesday, September 23, 2020, there have been four hundred and fifteen (415) confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Warren County.
For the most up-to-date information on COVID-19, please visit the Virginia Department of Health website at www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov.
For the latest updates regarding Warren County Public Schools, please visit https://www.wcps.k12.va.us/index.php/coronavirus-update.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued guidelines for Halloween, Dia de los Muertos (All Saints), and Thanksgiving. Please CLICK HERE to view these guidelines.
On Wednedsay, July 1, 2020, Warren County moved into Phase 3 of reopening, pursuant to Executive Order #67. To read the full order, please CLICK HERE. To review the sector-specific guidelines for Phase 3 in Virginia, please CLICK HERE.
On Friday, June 4, 2020, Warren County moved into Phase 2 of reopening, adhering to the guidelines set forth in Executive Order #65. To read the full order, please CLICK HERE.
Effective Monday, June 8, 2020, the Warren County Government Center is OPEN to the public. Citizens are encouraged to continue to wear face coverings while in public buildings and adhere to the six feet social distancing recommendation.
On Friday, May 29, 2020, Executive Order #63 went into effect, which requires the wearing of face coverings (for the nose and mouth) while inside public buildings. There are exceptions to this Executive Order, including, but not limited to, while eating or drinking and while exercising. To read the full order, please CLICK HERE.
If you think that you (or a family member) may be experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, residents are urged to NOT show up unannounced at any local medical facility but instead contact a Primary Care Physician to discuss your symptoms. If you meet the Virginia Department of Health screening criteria and require COVID-19 testing, you will be directed to the appropriate local medical facility for treatment. If you have general questions regarding COVID-19, please call the Valley Health COVID-19 community call line at (540) 536-0380, the Lord Fairfax Health District local call center at (540) 771-3992, or the Virginia Department of Health public information line at 1-877-ASK-VDH3 (1-877-275-8343). As always, if you are experiencing a true medical emergency, call 911 or report to the closest hospital’s emergency room for emergent treatment.
To browse an interactive map of area restaurants to check their changed hours due to COVID-19, please CLICK HERE.
- Learn the Facts about COVID-19
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19
- How to Help Prevent the Spread of Respiratory Illnesses like COVID-19
- What to Do if You're Sick
- What can the Community Do to Get Through This Together
- Guide to Disinfecting Your Home for the Coronavirus and Flu - SafeHome
- "Please Wear a Face Covering" Printable Signs
INFORMATION FOR BUSINESSES
- Help for Small Businesses in Front Royal and Warren County
- Resources for Small Business Loan and Grant Opportunities
- Shenandoah Valley Workforce Board to Award Small Business Layoff Aversion Grants
- Frequently Asked Questions about Unemployment Claims related to Coronavirus
- Amended Executive Order #53 Extending Closure of Certain Businesses
- Executive Order #53 from Governor Ralph Northam
- Frequently Asked Questions about Governor Northam's Executive Order #53
- Building Inspections: Permit applications can be obtained online at https://www.warrencountyva.net/buildinginspectionsforms, and customers can submit their applications, plans, and documents via email at email@example.com
- Commissioner of the Revenue's Office: Citizens can file Tax Relief paperwork, Land Use schedules, and Meals and Lodging taxes by regular USPS mail or the outdoor drop box; Meals and Lodging taxes due monthly can be submitted through the outdoor drop box, mail, or online payment at https://eservices.warrencountyva.net/applications/trapps/
- Planning Department: Forms and applications can be obtained online at https://www.warrencountyva.net/forms, and customers can submit their documentation via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Solid Waste Convenience Sites and Transfer Station: These sites will continue to operate their regular hours: 7:00 AM until 7:00 PM (Monday and Tuesday, Thursday through Saturday, CLOSED on Wednesday) and 12:00 PM until 7:00 PM (Sunday)
- Treasurer's Office: Taxpayers can utilize alternative submission methods including the drive-thru window, outdoor drop box, regular USPS mail, or online payment at https://eservices.warrencountyva.net/applications/trapps/. As a reminder, payments are accepted in the form of cash, check, or money order; MasterCard and Visa are accepted with a 1.99% convenience fee of the total paid
- May 21, 2020: Soft Reopening of Government Center on May 26, 2020
- May 15, 2020: Partial Reopening of Park Facilities
- April 27, 2020: Axalta Coatings Donates Hand Sanitizer for COVID-19 Response
- April 23, 2020: Parks and Recreation Creates At-Home Activity Boxes
- April 3, 2020: Urging Community to Create Smart911 Profiles
- March 31, 2020: Parks and Recreation Facilities Closures
- March 27, 2020: Valley Health Establishes Local Call Line
- March 24, 2020: A Letter to the Citizens of Warren County and the Town of Front Royal
- March 22, 2020: Warren County Offices to Close to the Public
- March 20, 2020: Establishment of Local COVID-19 Call Center
- March 18, 2020: Declaration of Local Emergency
- March 17, 2020: COVID-19 Guidance to Residents
- March 10, 2020: COVID-19 Preparedness
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION LINKS
Employees Results 1 - 4 of 4
Local Director of Emergency ManagementP: (540) 692-5801
Interim County AdministratorP: (540) 636-4600F: (540) 636-6066
Public Information OfficerP: (540) 636-4600F: (540) 636-6066
Deputy Emergency CoordinatorP: (540) 636-3830F: (540) 636-9986