The Warren County Planning Department is excited to announce the launch of a collection of interactive GIS mapping applications now available for public use. Currently featured on the site’s landing page are the following:
- A recreation application consisting of parks, boat landings, recreation areas, and trail systems in Warren County
- A find-your-school application that enables a user to search for a street or address and locate the associated elementary, middle, and high school
- Interactive guided tours including plans, pictures, descriptions, and mapping of:
- Current major County projects in progress
- The County’s current FY2016/17 Capital Improvement Plan
- Warren County/Front Royal’s Royal Shenandoah Greenway
You can view the landing page for the applications at: warrencountyva.maps.arcgis.com. These interactive mapping applications are a great way to locate county resources and gain knowledge of the plans, projects, and opportunities in our community. Each application offers additional functionality such as direct links to websites, photos, and documents through interacting with features displayed on the maps.
The new GIS mapping applications are accessed as individual services for a particular category or area of interest in Warren County. They are configured, produced, and managed by Warren County GIS and the collection will be continuously developed and expanded upon with new features and services.
According to Doug Sexton, Warren County’s GIS Coordinator, “This technology enables us to leverage continuously updated GIS data to supply citizens, businesses, and visitors of Warren County with helpful and informative resources through these applications. We are excited about additional applications currently in development that will be added to the site in the future.”
The existing online GIS service hosted at https://warrengis.org/#/ will continue to provide a valuable resource for accessing GIS data layers and Commissioner of Revenue property card information.
For questions about the project or using the services contact Doug Sexton at email@example.com.