This spring, in support of the Governor’s Executive Orders and in compliance with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Virginia Department of Health (VDH), the Warren County Parks and Recreation Department closed recreational facilities and cancelled activity programs. Recently, the Governor announced that the implementation of Phase Two of Forward Virginia will begin on June 5, 2020 through Executive Order Number 65.
- Shelters – Available for rent Thursday, June 11, 2020
Capacity is 50 people or 50% of normal capacity per shelter, whichever is fewer. Social distancing guidelines are in effect. For additional details on making a shelter reservation, please call the RES Youth Center at (540) 635-7750.
- Playgrounds, Skatepark, Trails, Tennis Courts, Disc Golf, and Open Spaces – OPEN
No more than 50 people at once with social distancing guidelines in effect.
- Baseball, Softball, and Soccer Fields – OPEN Monday, June 8, 2020
No more than 50 people per field. Rentals for practices only. Fields will not be lined until Phase Three or later.
- Front Royal Golf Club – OPEN
Golfing, cart rentals, pro shop and boat ramp access are available. The Clubhouse facility is closed to the public, and banquet room reservations are unavailable.
- Claude A. Stokes, Jr. Community Swimming Pool – CLOSED AT THIS TIME (Opening Date To Be Determined)
The pool will be opening soon with limitations in accordance with Executive Order Number 65.
- Warren County Splash Pad – CLOSED
Not opening during Phase Two.
- Public Restrooms – CLOSED (Opening Date To Be Determined)
- Outdoor Basketball Courts – CLOSED (Opening Date To Be Determined)
- Warren County Parks and Recreation Community Center, RES Youth Center, and indoor recreation facilities – CLOSED (Opening Date To Be Determined)
- Events and organized activities, including sports leagues – Cancelled at this time
The Warren County Parks and Recreation Department offices remain open (but closed to the public) to field your related questions via phone at (540) 635-7750 or (540) 635-1021 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a rapidly changing situation, and the most current information is available on the following websites: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus or www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/. Please consult www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus for the latest number of COVID-19 cases in Virginia. Additionally, you can find local information on the Warren County COVID-19 website: https://www.warrencountyva.net/coronavirus-latest-information, the County of Warren, VA Facebook page, or the Town of Front Royal COVID-19 website: https://www.frontroyalva.com/645/Covid-19-Local-Response.